In early January we announced that Xobni completed a $7 million Series B led by Cisco Systems. Today we are happy to announce that BlackBerry Partners Fund has also joined our Series B, increasing the total investment round to over $10 million. See the official press release here. Additionally, BlackBerry Partners Fund partner Rick Segal will be joining our board of directors. We’d like to officially welcome Rick to the team.
This investment will allow us to strengthen our service and extend Xobni to new platforms for our customers. The next stage of development will focus on the launch of our premium service later this summer.
This funding announcement comes at a time when we have other very exciting news to share. Today Xobni goes “gold.” The beta label is coming off and version 1.7 is now available to everyone.
Download or upgrade to the newest version by clicking below.
After almost one year of beta testing Xobni, we have digested feedback from tens of thousands of users and improved our product to a point where we are confident that it solves our users’ needs with a high level of performance and consistency. Of course Xobni will never stop improving. For all of us, this is just the beginning.
What’s New in Xobni 1.7
Since our public beta launch in May 2008, we have been working to optimize speed and performance. The new version of Xobni makes the following significant improvements:
- Outlook now starts 31% faster*
- Additionally, you now have the choice to make Xobni start immediately with Outlook, or start only when you want to use Xobni
- Xobni Profiles now load 42% faster*
- We’ve cached profile data, so Xobni stays out of the way of Outlook when it is doing its thing
- More performance controls
- Users can control how often and how much data Xobni indexes
- Users can control when Xobni is running
* Users with large inboxes will experience more dramatic improvements. We made these improvements for you!
We’ve also fixed multiple software incompatibilities with Xobni. Xobni no longer conflicts with the following software:
- Microsoft Business Contact Manager
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Avaya voice email products (V5 and above)
- Blackberry w/ Blackberry Desktop Software
- Microsoft Office Communicator
- McAfee Enterprise VirusScan (V8.5 and above)
- Cisco Security Agent (V6.0 and above)
In case you missed it, this work follows continuous improvements to our core product over the last year including recent integrations with leading content providers including LinkedIn, Facebook, Yahoo! Mail, Skype and Hoover’s.
If you are not currently using Xobni, download it for free here.
Existing Xobni users can update to the newest version by downloading the new installer here (note: this will run an update on your machine and won’t require reinstalling or re-indexing if you are using version 1.6) All users will be automatically updated over the next several weeks.
Thanks for your continued support.