Tonight we’re launching a feature we’ve wanted to launch for a while and one which we’ve been using internally with much glee. Twitter is now integrated with Xobni. When you click on an Outlook email message from a contact, that contact’s Xobni profile will now contain their recent tweets. You can reply, retweet, follow, view that contact’s Twitter profile, or even post a new tweet. This feature will be a powerful addition to the existing integrations we have with Facebook, LinkedIn, Hoover’s, Skype, and Yahoo! Mail. The integration of web and email data about your contacts makes for a powerful 360-degree view of your relationships.
How To Get Twitter in Xobni
Existing Xobni and Xobni Plus users must download the new version of Xobni for the Twitter extension to appear. This is a free update for everyone, and your Xobni Plus status will be retained once the update is installed.
• See a list of recent tweets for every contact– right inside Outlook
• Reply to a tweet
• Follow or unfollow a contact on Twitter
• Post a new Twitter status update from within Outlook
The Twitter extension will appear on the far right side of the extensions section in Xobni profiles. You can view this extension by clicking on the Twitter icon. Xobni will use the contact’s name to search for possible twitter accounts. Select the account that matches, or you can manually enter the Twitter name for the contact you are viewing. Once you select or enter a person’s Twitter name, every time you view a contact’s Xobni profile you’ll see their most recent tweets. From any screen inside the extension you’ll be able to login to your own Twitter account which will allow you to reply to tweets or post your own Twitter updates instantly inside of Outlook.
We are constantly looking for new ways to complete Xobni profiles with more information about your relationship with your contacts – whether that information is from your inbox or from the web. We hope you enjoy the latest step in making this vision complete.
Detailed list of features and changes in Xobni 1.8.3 (build 8559 and 8734) since build 8135:
- Search speed increased dramatically (2-5 times faster depending on the search type)
- Directly access the advanced search builder by clicking on the big magnifying glass icon (previous builds required you to type text first) (thanks to Joe Myrick for the suggestion)
- Attachment results moved above tasks and calendar items
- New Twitter extension
- Reorder or hide individual extension tabs (accessible through arrow button to the right of the tabs) (thanks to Hans van Leeuwen for the suggestion)
- Windows 7 compatibility fully tested and now added to our list of supported system configurations
- Xobni menu ordering changed slightly to be the same when accessed from top of Outlook or bottom of Xobni
- More detailed Xobni Plus data is shown to Xobni users in search results and AutoSuggest
- AutoSuggest menu displays more consistently
- Outlook keyboard shortcuts are passed through to Outlook more consistently when Xobni is being used
- Fixed occasional Outlook hang when sending mail (available since build 8175)
- Fixed occasional Outlook slow shutdown (available since build 8175)
- Many other minor bug fixes & stability improvements
Note: builds 8559 and 8734 are identical. The different build numbers are used for internal purposes.