By Michael Albers
Since the launch of the BlackBerry Torch and OS 6.x for BlackBerry, the most common request from our users, partners and friends at RIM was support of Xobni for BlackBerry on OS 6. And today we’re happy to give it to you. 🙂 Xobni now officially supports OS 6.x and fully integrates with the Torch for an Optimal Xobni experience. The introduction of the touchscreen enhances the way the users can invoke, scroll and view their automatically generated Xobni Contacts.
In addition, we’ve included significant enhancements, improvements and fixes for the updated Xobni for BlackBerry app, thanks to user feedback and testing.
Version 126.96.36.199 offers the following features/functionality:
OS 6.x Support!
- Touching the Xobni bar or flick up works on compose, reply and forward actions for OS 6 devices
- Updated High-Definition icons
- Touch scrolling enhanced for optimized scrolling experience
- Editing is now aware of virtual keyboard display and formats content shown on remaining screen
- Xobni bar now appearing in all relevant cases
- Add picture now available for contacts via camera
- Setup guide overhaul (New permission, sign in/create acct, trial start, loading contacts, etc. screens)
- Phone icon is now shown by default for all phones
- Icons for mail/phone have new dropdown to show additional emails and numbers
- Preserved focus on contact in search result when returning to home screen
- Push the device call button to call or sms when contact is selected
- Xobni appears on home screen after download, not download folder (5.x/6.x)
- Contact detail UI update (coloring changes; click calendar entry to jump to entry)
- Added keyboard shortcuts to options (edit, hide, merge, jump to top & bottom support)
- No longer will show Microsoft Exchange addresses for contacts
- Multiple bars should no longer show up in certain cases
Contact Extraction Improvements
- Phone number extraction fixes and improvements
- Fixes for scanning emails, sms, etc.
- Xobni One contact update and merging improvements
Contact Edit improvements
- Editing a content will now allow you to see snippets even after edit
- Contacts marked as list, now show up in the compose screen as well
Key stability and performance improvements
Improvements for activation & trial related issues
All user preferences are maintained during upgrades
Other bug-fixes and improvements
We’ve been proud to get rave reviews in the media and with our blogger friends, but we couldn’t do it without you. Please continue to improve Xobni Mobile by sending feedback directly from the app by clicking the “Contact Xobni” menu item. As evidenced in the notes above, we listen!
The Xobni Mobile Team